| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of WUIT - End User Services. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Under minimal supervision, responsible for the advanced support of desktop and server computer systems and other technology-based systems for University staff, faculty and students; including support for computer operating systems, software, hardware and networking. May serve as a system owner, technical expert or specialist in a particular area such as in the applications, systems or hardware areas. The employee interacts with a broad range of client requiring strong communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to use a wide variety of technical resources (i.e., engaging vendor support) to provide a high level of technical support to clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Desktop support: Provides daily support for the computing desktop; including operating system, software installation and maintenance, and hardware. Responds to assigned tickets. Evaluates, prioritizes, resolves problems and requests, or escalates to appropriate support areas. Acts as the front-facing support liaison for all desktop-related support issues. Provides support documentation for Tier 1 Service Desk. Collaborates with higher level technical areas on planning and issue resolution.
- Provides technical guidance and subject matter expertise including documentation for level 2 staff and tier 1 and tier 2 user services staff.
- Acts as an escalation point for advanced technical issues within employee’s knowledge domain.
- System administration: maintenance, upgrades, new implementation, consultation and planning system administration activities.
- Attend formal training, conduct self-paced training through online courses or on the job training, attend conferences, and engage with peers to maintain broad understanding of technologies and keeping abreast of new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma with 8 years providing desktop support in an enterprise environment or a combination of education and experience.
- Ability to support all standard office productivity applications and computing platforms in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to provide system administration functions in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to understand, be accountable for, and complete assigned tasks associated with projects. Ability to prioritize work load to appropriately respond to customer needs and demands.
- The employee acts as a liaison between customers and senior technical staff, and as such is required to have strong customer service skills, including great written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field of study.
The hiring range for this position is $45,219 - $57,657 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.� Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions:
Position will provide after-hours support via a scheduled rotation of technical staff. Must be able to travel between multiple campus locations.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.